cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA Rack Mounting Question

sullivan.p
Level 1
Level 1

Hoping someone can clear this up for me once and for all....

Whenever you buy the Cisco ASA Appliances, they always come with;

* Two different looking mounting brackets

* Two green (what look like cable management clips) brackets.

I've checked the Cisco ASA Hardware installation guide, and done a fair bit of Googling but I can't find any clear statements around the following;

a. What the purpose of the Green Brackets are (again they look like cable management) and where they should be mounted?

b. What the purpose of the different brackets are and if they are any additional components you are meant to order to utilise the additional screwholes on one of the brackets?

Can anyone point me in the direction of some text on what they are for specifically?

20120918_154720.jpg

Cheers,

-P

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

pstebner10
Level 1
Level 1

Patrick-

I'm not in a data center, or I would take a picture for you. That green plastic piece is indeed cable management. There should be one long skinny black screw that came with the ASA, and it is used to mount the green clip to the bigger of the two rack ears. Basically, in the picture above, rotate the green piece 90 degrees clockwise so that the base is flush with the bigger of the two rack ears, and screw it in. The screw goes in the little screw hole that is directly between the two bigger holes used to screw the ear into the rack intself.

The ears themselves both mount to the ASA in exactly the same fashion -- with the two screw holes that are at the bottom of each ear in the above picture.

HTH,

Paul

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

pstebner10
Level 1
Level 1

Patrick-

I'm not in a data center, or I would take a picture for you. That green plastic piece is indeed cable management. There should be one long skinny black screw that came with the ASA, and it is used to mount the green clip to the bigger of the two rack ears. Basically, in the picture above, rotate the green piece 90 degrees clockwise so that the base is flush with the bigger of the two rack ears, and screw it in. The screw goes in the little screw hole that is directly between the two bigger holes used to screw the ear into the rack intself.

The ears themselves both mount to the ASA in exactly the same fashion -- with the two screw holes that are at the bottom of each ear in the above picture.

HTH,

Paul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card