cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA REST API problems

pnavratil
Level 1
Level 1

I need to run REST API on ASA (to be able to cooperate with script for lets encrypt certificate)  - no problem with downloading the image and enabling it. Even with functions of the REST API self have no problems. 

I encounter problems with running firepoware services on the same box. First I was unable to install firepower services - I tried it several times. Then I realized it was due to REST API enabled. 

I had problems with uploading image to ASA flash - I was unable to format it - it called the disk is used by some other application - again the issue disappear once a disabled the REST API.

Last time when REST API was enabled for aprox 2 weeks I realized I cannot connect to firepower services - It lost configuration for connection to Firepower Management Center - when I setup it again, it calls another error it cannot establish the tunnel - so the whole configuration of the firepower services was somehow corrupted. I had to reimage the firepower services from scratch.

It seems to me the REST API somehow impacts access to local flash and this caused the issues I encounter.

Has anybody else similar problems with running ASA REST API?

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: