Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA Software Recommendation

de1denta
Level 3
Level 3

Hi All,

I'm looking to upgrade one of our firewalls that recently hit the 213 day ARP failure issue and i'm looking for guidance on how to select the most appropriate software version.

I can see that 9.6(3)1 is a suggested release at the moment and it provides the features needed to meet my requirements, however, I noticed that 9.6(4) is the latest in the 9.6 train and 9.6(3) interim 20 is also available.

How do you normally decide which is the most appropriate version in this case? Should I be using the suggested 'gold star' release or the interim which I can see fixes lots of bugs etc.

Thank you

3 Replies 3

Thanks for this. So my take is that even though 9.6(3)1 is the current suggested release, I should be using 9.6(3)-20 which is the latest interim release?

Hi,

Based on release date and notes 9.6(3)-20 includes bug fix in 9.6(3)1 + additional bug fixes. I would go with that. 9.6.4 release little over a month ago..so its recommended to wait.

hth

MS

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card