cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA sourcefire gateway

Benjamin Saito
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know how to change the gw on the sourcefire module on a cisco asa 5515-x? I set up the IP on the module and it works fine, but the gw has since changed and I cannot seem to change it. I have tried changing in the asdm in the startup wizard, I tried doing it with the following command from teh asa cli:

session sfr do setup host ip 10.1.1.2/24,10.1.1.1

I also tried changing it from the sourcefire module configuration:

configure network ipv4 manual 10.1.1.2 255.255.255.0 10.1.1.1

I tried running that command using an interface eth0 at the end and without it. Thanks!

4 Replies 4

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Does anyone know how to change the gw on the sourcefire module on a cisco asa 5515-x? I set up the IP on the module and it works fine, but the gw has since changed and I cannot seem to change it. I have tried changing in the asdm in the startup wizard, I tried doing it with the following command from teh asa cli:

session sfr do setup host ip 10.1.1.2/24,10.1.1.1

I also tried changing it from the sourcefire module configuration:

configure network ipv4 manual 10.1.1.2 255.255.255.0 10.1.1.1

I tried running that command using an interface eth0 at the end and without it. Thanks!

Hi,

Have you checked the below link for more information.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/quick_start/sfr/firepower-qsg.html

Hope it Helps..

-GI

Rate if it Helps..

Yes, that is the document I was working out of including a different document. I am just re-imaging the modules. I have no idea why it wasn't changing, I Was probably doing something wrong. Thanks anyways.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Try removing the current ipv4 config first.

Assuming you come in via session command:

configure network ipv4 delete

Then configure it from scratch. You can also drop into the Linux shell on the module and configure it from there.

expert

route <add, delete>

Thanks for the reply Marvin. I just re-imaged the modules and started over. Next time I set up a sourcefire module I will test out your idea just to see if it works.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card