Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA TCP FINs

jack samuel
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

i have multiple sub interfaces on ASA 5585X  for example interface front-end-sharepoint-servers and Interface back-end-sharepoint-servers & Interface SQL-servers & interface Active-Directory when i execute a access-list  permit ip any any on every interface i don't face any issue when front-end-servers are accessing database servers and Active directory,  but when i restrict with specific ports i get slowness in accessing and search option in the sharepoint servers doesn't work between the server & database.

I don't see any ports are been denied on the ASDM between the server but i see the logs as attached which shows the communication between the application  and active directory on port 88 received TCP FINs packets

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are all the traffic flows symmetric forward and backwards?

Any chance it is communicating via IPv6 (have the related servers got IPv6 addresses on them) and you are only looking at IPv4 so that not noticed?

Dear Philip,

Are all the traffic flows symmetric forward and backwards?

yes

Any chance it is communicating via IPv6 (have the related servers got IPv6 addresses on them) and you are only looking at IPv4 so that not noticed?

NO

Any hints how i can troublshoot

thanks

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card