Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA to FTD migration questions

Not applicable

Hi there,

I would like to migrate ASA5525-X v9.2 Failover pair (ssd but no firepower) direct to FTD image (v6.2+) & utilise smart licensing.
Its under partner maintenance & PICA software access.

I have created a smart account for our company. 

Are these be the correct SKUs I would need adding to get base functionality?  (FMC managing FTD failover pair)
2 x L-ASA5525T-BASE=
1 x SF-FMC-VMW-2-K9 + CON-ECMU-SFMMCVWK

After purchasing the above SKUs, would this grant me access to the required software? (FMC VM, FTD image, user agent)

We would like to purchase the TMC subscription but ideally would like to evaluate the functionality before making an informed decision.
Is there a subscription evaluation with FMC I can utilise on Failover pair ?

Can Firepower user agent gather identity info from Read Only Domain Controllers?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

James

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes those SKUs would get the initial setup you are asking about. From FMC, you can enable evalaution mode for your Smart licenses on the appliances. That will give you the full license set (Threat (IPS), URL Filtering and Advanced Malware Proteciton (AMP)) during a 90-day evaluation period.

Reference: 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/610/fdm/fptd-fdm-config-guide-610/fptd-fdm-license.html#id_12167

Use the Smart License page to view the current license status for the system. The system must be licensed.

The page shows you whether you are using the 90-day evaluation license, or if you have registered with the Cisco Smart Software Manager.

To get a complete listing of identities, the User Agent(s) must connect to all DCs that process user login events. (They use WMI to query the Windows Event log for User Login events.) If your RODCs are where those events happen then the User Agent can retrieve them.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card