Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA upgrade path

Hello All
I have the ASA 5525X with the image 9.8(4) and want to upgrade to 9.14.4 image.
is it possibale without interim image or should i follow specific OS path till I reach my target OS
my second quesion is the 9.14.4 a good image?

Thanks!

7 Replies 7

Just be careful if you upgrading from 9.8 to 9.14. The VPN tunnel DH group 1,2,5,24 are deprecated on-ward 9.8 these DH group are not supported. Now if you have site-to-site VPN mind this and work with remote/third parties to upgrade the vpn DH values.

9.14.4 Interim is the last upgrade-able image for this appliances. cisco wont release anymore image for 5525-X as this appliance is EOL.
please do not forget to rate.

Thanks for your answer, but the new image will not effect the anyconnect configuration, correct?

No what version you on at the moment on ASA box?

Anyconnect use ssl and some ssl cipher use dh group.

Check you anyconnect cipher is use dh group @Sheraz.Salim mention.

The 9.14.4 support group 14/15/16/19/20/21

Also please mention if it us ecdh.

AnyConnect configs shouldn't be affected by the ASA upgrade, however, I would recommend keeping the old image on the ASA flash for any potential quick rollback. To rollback you can just change the boot system variable to point to the old image instead of the new one. One thing I would try to upgrade alongside the code is the ASDM image.

Good one @Aref Alsouqi happens so many time after upgrading the ASA new code the old ASDM go flaky. For 9.8.(4) ASDM recommend version  ASDM 7.12(1) and for 9.14(4) recommend version ASDM 7.17(1)

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card