cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5506X with FirePower - re-image 6.1.0 failing

nikolaj.joeker
Level 1
Level 1

I have an ASA5506X which was running 5.4.  I want to upgrade to 6.1.0. That was done from Defence Center. The step until the final 6.1.0 upgrade went well.  After the last reboot, the module was "dead".

So I reimage/recover the image per Ciscos guide. (http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa93/configuration/firewall/asa-firewall-cli/modules-sfr.html)

The recovery boot and 6.1.0 download/unpack/install seems to be OK. After (quite) some time, installation prompts to reboot to complete. Now the module is stuck in "recovery mode" and this error repeats:

Mod-sfr 835> Executing S12install_infodb

Mod-sfr 836> DB error - will retry: Cannot connect to DB at /usr/local/sf/lib/perl/5.10.1/SF/SF

Mod-sfr 837> DBI.pm line 588.

I have tried to re-image again..... same problem.

Anyone who knows how to fix this?

regards

Nikolaj

6 Replies 6

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sorry - that one would definitely be a TAC case (unless one of the TAC engineers who monitor this forum are permitted to share any documented internal fix from Techzone).

Problem was the ASA itself.

There is a known bug (CSCuw48499) in ASA SW 9.5.1 that caused the problem.

Upgrading the ASA to 9.5.2 fixed the problem, and the module upgrade to 6.1.0 now completed.

Hi Nikolaj,

I tried latest interim 9.5.2 and 9.6.2 also vanilla versions of 9.5.2 and 9.6.2 and 9.6.1 with the same error. I ended up installing 6.0 version but I have not upgraded to 6.1 yet, it is in a lab environment.

Thanks for the reply!

/Johan

I think I found my problem, I had restapi installed on the Cisco ASA, I uninstalled it and now if finally works.

jsvanberg_2
Level 1
Level 1

Did you find a solution, I have the exact same error message, I have done the reimage twice now, same error.

Jetsy Mathew
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Nikolaj,

We have seen several related cases and found a bug for the same. Refer the following link for the workaround.

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvb53856/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Rate and mark if the post helps you.

Regards

Jetsy 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card