cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5510 EoL - not clear

handsy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, although I see that the ASA5510 is no longer being sold, it is not clear to me when the last date for software patching/maintenance is set for?

Most Cisco products that go EoL have a "End of Software Support" date. All I can find for the ASA5510 is that the last software for it will be 9.1.......but there is no EoL date for that version of software either.

Can anyone help please?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There is no End of Sales / End of Life notice as of yet on any of the ASA 9.x software. Thus it is continuing to be developed and will continue to be supported.

When an EoS/EoL is released on the software, it will typically be one year from the notice that software support continues to be provided.

That said, if your hardware does not have or is not eligible for a current support contract, the software running on it will likewise not be supported for most intents and purposes (i.e. you won't be able to open a TAC case on it).

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Vibhor Amrodia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The ASA 5510 is now EOL. The Software version from 9.2 would not be supported on these devices:-

ASA 5510 , 5520 , 540 and 5550.

The IOS:- 9.1 is not EOL but the ASA device hardware is.

Refer:-

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/asa-5500-series-next-generation-firewalls/eol_C51-727283.html

Thanks and Regards,

Vibhor Amrodia

Sorry Vibhor but you've repeated everything I stated in my question.

I need to know the date for end of software support on the ASA5510 please. Thanks

There is no End of Sales / End of Life notice as of yet on any of the ASA 9.x software. Thus it is continuing to be developed and will continue to be supported.

When an EoS/EoL is released on the software, it will typically be one year from the notice that software support continues to be provided.

That said, if your hardware does not have or is not eligible for a current support contract, the software running on it will likewise not be supported for most intents and purposes (i.e. you won't be able to open a TAC case on it).

Thanks Marvin

Hi,

Also , for support on the ASA 5510 device irrespective of any IOS you are running will be:-

September 30, 2018

Thanks and Regards,

Vibhor Amrodia

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card