Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5525 and Firepower Licensing

Hello,

I have an ASA5525X, then I want order the firepower module. I am not sure if is correct the parts that I should order:

- ASA5500X-SSD120=

- ASA5525-CTRL-LIC=

- ASA5525-FP-UPG

- L-ASA5525-TAMC-3Y

- FS-VMW-2-SW-K9

Thanks for the help.

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Adrian,

You reseller should be able to answer all of those questions. If you are a reseller, please pull down the Ordering Guide for ASA with FirePOWER services.

That aside, the ASA5525-FP-UPG is a bundle SKU that includes the other line items. When a reseller enters that bundle in Cisco's ordering tools it will include the SSD and prompt them to choose which license and term to meet the customer's requirements. You may not need that if you already have an SSD - "show inventory" will tell you that (as will looking at the device physically).

The CTRL (Control) license is a no cost item but required prerequisite.

The TAMC license includes IPS, URL Filtering and Malware in a bundle. You can also buy them separately (although that costs you more). There is also currently a promotional SKU for that bundle. You can order it with a 1-, 3- or 5-year term.

The last line is for the necessary FireSIGHT Management Center. The one you have listed is licensed to manage 2 ASA FirePOWER modules. There is also a 10-device and 25-device VM license in addition to the physical appliance options used for larger deployments.

Thanks a lot for the help, I already get the answer of my reseller. The part number above are correct for my device.

Thanks,

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card