cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASAv on Azure - Adding a dynamic crypto map on the outside interface breaks management access

stephensuley
Level 1
Level 1

We are trying to do a Proof of Concept for a migration to Azure.  I've signed up for the free 30day/$250 credits Azure trial and successfully deployed an ASAv. 

The ASAv is unlicensed for now, and has a trial license with a 100KB throughput limit.  All seems to work as expected. 

I have the management interface changed to nameif outside and no management-only is applied.  I've enabled and tested ASDM on port 444 and SSH was working as well. 

I can login to the ASAv using the outside interface IP using SSH or ASDM without issue. 

The issue occurs when after setting up my dynamic crypto map for my IKEv1 site-2site for test ASA5505 out in the field. As soon as I apply the new crypto map to the outside interface the ASDM stops responding and the SSH no longer accepts new connections. 

As soon as I issue the no crypto..... command to remove the map from the outside interface everything starts working again right away.  

Can someone please help me with this issue? I need an ASAv in Azure I can manage as well as have site-2-site connections with a bunch of remote 5505 and 5506x ASA's. 

Thank you. 

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card