cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

asdm 6.4(3) strange display

tahequivoice
Level 2
Level 2

We have a 5510 running 8.4(2) and ASDM 6.4(3) and I don't see the nonat statements above the translated statements after upgrading from 8.4(1) to fix an ssh issue. They are there in the CLI, and I added one more, then exited and brought it back up new and now the new one is also gone. What the heck???

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

5 Replies 5

tahequivoice
Level 2
Level 2

It's a bug!!

I just looked at another ASA that is running 8.4(2) with ASDM 6.4(3) and it also is ignoring all the NoNat translations, just showing the translated ones. Going to open a TAC Case on this.

They will recommend you upgrade to ASDM 6.4(5).

First of all I am not really sure about the exact issue that you are facing, are you trying to find the nonat statements that you previous had in the ASA version before 8.3, because if so, then you would not eb able to see them, because the natting has changed in post 8.3 versions and there are no nonat statements in 8.4, so it might not be a bug. Moreover yes, as Icrauso mentioned, the recommended image with 8.4.x is 6.4.5 :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/compatibility/asamatrx.html

Thanks,

Varun

Thanks,
Varun Rao

6.4(5) wasn't available when they released 8.4(2). I just got back from vacation and ran into this today, so first thing I did before opening a case was check for an updated ASDM, and sure enough there it was

Resolved, code 8.4(2) requires ASDM 6.4(5) for proper operation.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card