Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM read-only access hang loading configuration

rosarra
Level 1
Level 1

Hello 

I tried to configure the ASDM access using the ACS Tacacs+ (v4.2) for a monitoring-only access (level 3) and read-only access (level 5). Everything works fine for monitoring access (the ASDM management interface correctly display only Home and Monitoring tab) while the read only access seems to hang during the configuration parsing phase. 

In read only access when the ASDM tool start, the information banner is correctly displayed confirming that the user is not allowed to modify the ASA configuration.

Later an "Enter Network Password" window is displayed and also inserting the correct read only account information this windows is proposed continuously for about 15 time.

When the network password banner disappear, clicking the Configuration button the parsing running configuration progress bar appears but the process hangs after 77%.

Here follows the sw specification:

ASA 5516X

ASA vers. 9.4(1)

ASDM vers, 7.5(2)

Java vers. 8.66

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rishabh Seth
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

I think your issue similar to the defect CSCuq10801.

Try the workaround mentioned in the defect link:

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuq10801/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Thanks,

Rishabh Seth

PS: Rate if it helps and mark answer as correct if it resolves your issue.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rishabh Seth
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

I think your issue similar to the defect CSCuq10801.

Try the workaround mentioned in the defect link:

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuq10801/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Thanks,

Rishabh Seth

Hi Rishabh,

thank you for your answer

After your replay I checked the ACS configuration looking at the privilege cmd list in Shell Command Authorization Set.

In effect I forgot to include "more" command in the shell list and after the correction the read-only access is working fine.

Thank you for you help,

Roberto

Hi Robert,

Glad it helped.

Please mark the useful answers as correct as it can help other with same problem.

Thanks,

Rishabh Seth

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card