cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM UI drawing corruption?

luke_r_godwin
Level 1
Level 1

For reasons that dont have a happy explanation, I am running 8.2(5) on a 5505 along side ASDM 6.3.1. That works well enough for what is a home lab to study some abomination that exists elsewhere that runs the same code. Ask no more about the why, I beg of thee.

On occasion, the UI that the ASDM displays appears to go spastic and start redrawing it self at the point of what ever button/label/GUI element that the mouse cursor is hovering over. After some limited replication testing of this fault, it appears to happen most often with some certain load placed upon the ASDM, as crudely measured by the configuration that my ASDM loads from my ASA. Searching around here and other places has not yet yielded to me the right keywords needed to answer my first question that I pose to this community - has anyone else encountered problems with either 6.3.1 or 7.4.2 rendering oddly under Windows 10 with either x86 or x64 Java? Clearing the ASDM cache nor reloading the ASA have proven to long term solve this fault. Oddly enough by deleting all the NAT rules I had, the issue has been reduced but still occurs when there is some volume of real time syslog traffic being processed by ASDM. The attached image is a rough example of the fault seen.

0 Replies 0
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card