Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM

Robert1725
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

This maybe a silly question, but as some one said the only silly questions are the ones you don't ask.

So here goes, how do I practice  ASDM tasks?

I have asked about and someone said, use an Evaluation version, can anyone tell me or point me in the right direction

or can anyone help with this and tell me how to go about practising ASDM tasks.

Many thanks in advance.

Robert

3 Replies 3

Akshay Rastogi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Robert,

Try ASDM in Demo mode. It is a very good way to learn ASDM. It loads the ASDM with already configured set of rules so the one could understand how the configuration looks.  You could also make changes on them as well. Use the link below to download the same :

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=280582808&softwareid=280775064&release=7.3.1

Download the demo file and after the installation, it shows the ASDM launcher with checkbox for DEMO. Select the same and the mode in which you want to see ASDM configuration.

Hope it helps. Happy Learning.

Regards,

Akshay Rastogi

Remember to rate helpful posts.

Hi Akshay

Thank you so much for your help, I have been looking for something like this, but seemed to being round in circles.

Thanks Again

Robert 

Hi Akshay

Unfortunately when I try to download the Demo version it tells me that a  Service Contract Required is required, just my luck as I don't have one, I can log in, but not download anything.

Thanks for your help

Robert

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card