Views
Helpful
Replies

Backup devices from Device Management

ohareka70
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I have an FMC750 running version 6.4.0.  I also have a new FMC2500 running version 6.4.0

Because they are different chassis i cant take a backup from the 750 and restore onto the 2500.  So i have taken a copy of the export / import and got some of the policys across.  But i need to get 8 devices and the site to site VPN's.  Any idea how i can copy them across?  i dont see any function to do this.

i was able to export/import the objects at least.  I dont need any logs etc

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Unfortunately Cisco has not generally implemented tooling to support such a use case.

You will have to deregister the devices from the current FMC and then register them to the new one and associate/deploy the imported policies.

The VPNs will have to be recreated. You can see all of the relevant configuration bits from the "show running-config" on the existing devices and then manually import them into the new FMC and deploy.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Unfortunately Cisco has not generally implemented tooling to support such a use case.

You will have to deregister the devices from the current FMC and then register them to the new one and associate/deploy the imported policies.

The VPNs will have to be recreated. You can see all of the relevant configuration bits from the "show running-config" on the existing devices and then manually import them into the new FMC and deploy.

Thanks for your advice. I will give that a try.
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card