Views
Helpful
Replies

bandwidth issue

kp-tkr2014
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

what we need to do when someone complain about download bandwidth reduced . 

How to verify the issue from the destination side or in the asa

Thanks

1 Reply 1

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This is very hard to answer because it varies many factors and requires more testings.

Let me put my way of diagnosis.

1. If you have any Monitoring system in Place  - On ISP Port what level bandwidth it uses at that time of the complaint . (if it is more than 85% yes the user complain is valid).

2. if the Bsandwidh not as mentioned above - this very tricky here - what site or download site user was complained (since it is the far end we do not know their infrastructure) - so it is hard to say.

3. Can the user download any other download what the experience the same all sites?

4. what level of FW traffic you having here ( or is this reached peak of FW capacity )?

5. Do you have any system in place that you can test directly user download bypassing FW (what is the results)?

Last and Least test you can do is when you have off-peak business hours, can the user can test the same download and confirm is this better?

I hope these steps help you to understand the problem?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card