Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

I am trying to restrict outbound SMTP traffic to a single email server we have, but when I use the rule set below email is not being sent out. I am running FWSM version 2.3(3)2.access-list INSIDE permit tcp host SERVER1 any eq 25!access-list INSIDE d...

jimwi1965 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, im running an ASA 5520 (ios 7.2(2)). the mails for my organization were being collected in a pop account at the isp end. the mail server is allowed to the outside network (internet)so it was easily sending mails outside. to get mails we used to l...

a.shaukat by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

My problem is that the Inside and outside network defined are working fine but independently, Although from the PIX console there is response from either side but there is no response to a machine on the inside network from outside. Please someone h...

I am very familiar with the PIX, but new to ASA5500's. I have a company that is looking to have a DMZ with mail, and web servers. The connection to the Net is a T1.In the PIX days, I have no choice but to use a 515 with DMZ.My understanding now is th...

I have Cisco ASA 5520 Series and was going through the documentation of IPS. Can anyone tell me what are the basic steps for the configuration for it. Do i need a aditional device to configure this option? What is Security Service Module? Do i need t...

Hi, I am trying to setup a Cisco ASA 5510 (with plus) to act as our main firewall as well as offer us DMZ services, for webserver/SSL Concentrators (Citrix and Cisco CVPN3015). What we would like to do is a dual homed DMZ, where one link is for the ...

On ASA5520 with 7.2(2) does WRITE MEMORY command apply changes made in NAMES and/or associated outlined ACL/ACE/OBJECTGROUPS or is re-entry of any associated access-group command such as below required? If re-entry required, should NO paramenter be ...

We have a network in another state with subnet 192.168.50.0, 192.168.51.0 and 192.168.52.0.I am trying to allow them to talk to the network we setup with the ASA device.I am unable to get the 10.10.11.0 subnet to talk to the 192.168.50.0, 192.168.51...

djcharles by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi.My customer has 2 PIX 515e boxes. He has not configured any failover ip addresses. In the output of show failover, all the interfaces are in waiting state. BUT the failover is still working. It is weird because the configuration does not have any ...