Views
Helpful
Replies

BOM confusion

ashutosh_brt
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there,

Firstly, I want to apologize if I make any mistakes. I am pretty new to cisco and the learning community forums is truely one of a  kind. I amn't even sure if my topic is eligible to be here. Actually, I work on a company which deals the Cisco products, Routers/Firewalls/Switches and stuffs. I am sure you get the picture. What confuses me is the product licensing of ASA5500. To be more specific, we are proposing certain things. And that came with the product pricing sets and all. But I amn't having a clear picture on ASA 5500 Strong Encryption License (3DES/AES). Does that come inbuilt(free) or should there be any pricing behind that!? Help is much appreciated.

Note: I am sorry if my English is cramped. It's just that I am not a native English speaker. Thanks!

Cheers

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The ASA Strong Encryption License (3DES/AES) is free that can be downloaded from cisco.com site as follows:

https://tools.cisco.com/SWIFT/Licensing/PrivateRegistrationServlet?DemoKeys=Y

(click on the "Cisco ASA 3DES/AES License" to generate the activation key)

There is no extra license cost that needs to be purchased for 3DES/AES licensing.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The ASA Strong Encryption License (3DES/AES) is free that can be downloaded from cisco.com site as follows:

https://tools.cisco.com/SWIFT/Licensing/PrivateRegistrationServlet?DemoKeys=Y

(click on the "Cisco ASA 3DES/AES License" to generate the activation key)

There is no extra license cost that needs to be purchased for 3DES/AES licensing.

Hope this helps.

Thank you very much. It definitely helped me. I also would like to hear the needful about these products:

a.

ASA-ANYCONN-CSD-K9ASA 5500   AnyConnect Client + Cisco Security Desktop Software

b.

ASA-VPN-CLNT-K9Cisco VPN   Client Software (Windows, Solaris, Linux, Mac)

Ah, a last thing. Actually, I am in the pursuit of CCSP. Here's my question - Is CCNA security mandatory for CCSP!? And, what's better - CCNP(RS) or the CCNP security!? See, I am from Nepal, and it is definitely a pain when we don't find a good resource to guide us. I am currently studying the 3 tier CCNP curriculum - Route, Switch and Tshoot. However security fascinates me. Is studying CCSP possible using GNS!? and if so, what's the IOS I should use studying them!? Help is much appreciated. Thanks in millions.

Cheers.

ASA-ANYCONN-CSD-K9 is the software for AnyConnect (SSL VPN) as well as CSD (Cisco Security Desktop). If you already purchase the ASA, you can download the AnyConnect client as well as the CSD from cisco.com software download site.

ASA-VPN-CLNT-K9 is the software for IPSec VPN Client, and similarly, if you already purchase the ASA, you can download the IPSec VPN Client from cisco.com software download site.

My suggestion is if you are interested in security, then you should go for CCNP Security, or go for both CCNP Routing and Switching as well as Security

For CCSP, you can practise most from GNS, however, it will not have the complete feature set.

Here is the prerequite for CCNP Security:

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le37/le9/learning_certification_type_home.html

(either:

• Valid CCNA Security certification, or
  • Valid CCSP certification, or
  • Valid CCNA certification plus SND exam pass)

Hope this helps.

Thanks again! Now, here's my last question - Is there anything you would like me to read personally!? Yeah, I admit there are several community groups, forums and stuffs like that. But, is there anything I am missing besides that!? I currently am looking scribd, 4shared resources and all. But, I feel I am missing a gist here. Please fill the missing part.

With much regards,

Here is the CCSP specific forum and you would be able to find more information through the forum, and also discuss further with others you are working towards the same certification:

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/community/certifications/ccsp

Dear Jennifer

I have some questions:

1. These two items(ASA-ANYCONN-CSD-K9,  ASA-VPN-CLNT-K9)  is a software that I have to install in a PC and after that I can use a VPN depend of type (Annyconnect or IPsec)
  2. How many concurrent sessions Can i Have ?
  3. For download that clienst that you mentined I need a code or is free ?
  4. If I want to have L2L VPN I need to purchase those licenses or which one ?

Regards

Wilson Veliz

Hi Wilson,

Did you receive any response?

I want to know if those 2 items need to be added into the configuration.

Or they are free to download?

My client is asking for them but I cant find them anywhere

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card