Views
Helpful
Replies

Bought Cisco FP1010(Amazon). Need to get licenses into smart account

TimHaney
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I bought a Firepower 1010 from Amazon.  I have a piece of paper which came with the device for licenses (FPR1000-ASA qty 20).  I registered for smart license account and loaded a key on my device.  But it says out of compliance on the device.  How do I get these licenses into my smart account to load on device?  I do not have a support contract so TAC told me to post here.

Also how can I download Firepower software?  My download portal says entitlement required.  Will this be resolved once I upload my licenses into smart licensing?  Or do I need a support contract?

4 Replies 4

Amine ZAKARIA
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello Tim,

What are you using FTD or FDM ? Does the licenses new or already used ?

If already used i guess the term-based licenses are expired, but the base license is perpetual, what type of licenses are you enabling on Fpp?

Yes you need service contract to download the Firepower Software.

I bought it brand new.  I am using on box FDM.  I want to setup the anyconnect vpn.  I believe I have the base license.  I need to upgrade as well so I will need to figure out how to get a support contract.  Are the out of compliance notices just warnings?  

Hello Tim,

According to this : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/660/fdm/fptd-fdm-config-guide-660/fptd-fdm-license.html

Section : Impact of Expired or Disabled Optional Licenses

If an optional license expires, you can continue using features that require the license. However, the license is marked out of compliance and you need to purchase the license and add it to your account to bring the license back into compliance.

You need to read the "If you disable an optional license" section too.

Hope that helps!

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Remote Access (RA) VPN on a Firepower appliance (whether running FTD or ASA - your would indicate it is the latter based on the information you cited) requires AnyConnect licenses.

As noted by @Amine ZAKARIA downloading updated software for your appliance requires a support contract. That includes ASA software, FTD software, AnyConnect images etc. - basically it's required for all software downloads (with a very few narrow exceptions).

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card