cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BT Business Hub 5 - ASA5505 - Multiple External IP Configuration.

lalford02
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

So I have a BT Business Hub 5 with an ASA5505 acting as a firewall. I have a block of 6 external IP addresses but with the current configuration we can only NAT one of them.

Looking at the BT hub, it looks like you have to assign an external IP to an interface, so currently I have this configuration.

80.80.80.81 (public IP) > interface 0 (BT Hub) > interface 0 (ASA) > 192.168.0.2 (ASA Static IP) > Outside Interface (ASA config) 

I know this is a bit high level, but what I want to be able make a second external NAT to a web server.

80.80.80.82 (public IP) > interface 1 (BT Hub) > interface 1 (ASA) > 192.168.0.3 (ASA Static IP) > ASA CONFIGURATION

If anyone could let me know if it is possible to do this with the ASA5505 I would appreciate it.

Thanks

1 Reply 1

gaowen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Your BT hub is outside your firewall? I don't know anything about the hub much but if you can put a static route pointing toward the outside interface of the ASA for the IP address you want as your second NATable address then you can configure a static NAT rule on the ASA to nat it to an internal object.

What version ASA are you running because that will affect the config.

Gareth

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card