cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

bulk fetching access-rules?

Jonatan Jonasson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Is it somehow possible (or what would be the best approach) to bulk-fetch multiple accessrules?

When I do a GET request on /api/fmc_config/v1/domain/DOMAIN_UUID/policy/accesspolicies/CONTAINER_UUID/accessrules I get a list of all of the accessrules, but only their name and ID.

And I would like to, for example, list all accessrules that have a specific source IP address.

(Or by other means work with the information given in all the access-rules)

But if I have 1500 access rules I can't loop through them individually due to the rate-limit on the API. (And it's impractical to create 1500 requests at a time.)

The only "bulk" information I've found relates to POST-ing multiple objects, not retrieving them.

Any thoughts?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
VIP Community Legend VIP Community Legend
VIP Community Legend

I think you are correct. As of 6.2.3 we can POST bulk but not GET bulk.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/623/api/REST/Firepower_Management_Center_REST_API_Quick_Start_Guide_623/Objects_in_the_REST_API.html#reference_frz_mmy_1cb

Watch for release 6.3 later this year - we're told it will feature significant API enhancements.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
VIP Community Legend VIP Community Legend
VIP Community Legend

I think you are correct. As of 6.2.3 we can POST bulk but not GET bulk.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/623/api/REST/Firepower_Management_Center_REST_API_Quick_Start_Guide_623/Objects_in_the_REST_API.html#reference_frz_mmy_1cb

Watch for release 6.3 later this year - we're told it will feature significant API enhancements.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Recognize Your Peers