cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallHome Problem

aparmer0508
Level 1
Level 1

I have setup a CallHome feature on a UCS through the GUI. I've followed it step by step in accordance to the instruction that I pulled from Cisco.com. However, I am not receiving the alerts or even when I click on the send inventory button. If I go in the UCS CLI, I can ping the SMTP server. So I know the SMTP information is correct. I did use the hostname for the SMTP and have configured the DNS IP address. I've added my email address on the Cisco TAC-1 profile. I've also created another profile and included my email address on it. But still no luck in receiving alerts. Can anyone assists with my problem?

Thank you in advance,

Alvin

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You could, for instance, check the SMTP server's logs in order to determine, whether any SMTP-activity from the UCS server is seen.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Florin Barhala
Level 6
Level 6
I would also setup a capture on the firewall using as dst_IP the email server and port 25 and maybe SMTPs if the case.

Then wait and see what happens. Last but not least do you have proper connectivity from ASA to the SMTP server?
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card