cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I use FMC to manage a Firewall ASA with Firepower services in a remote site?

reynaldolopeza
Level 1
Level 1

I am kind of new configuring Cisco Firewalls. I just configured a Firewall ASA 5508-X with Firepower services managed from the ASDM. Now we have purchased the vFMC for VMware deployment to manage the ASA 5508-X Firepower services, and a new ASA 5506-X with Firepower services for a branch location. Can I manage the branch Firewall Firepower Services from the vFMC as well? We have a WAN conection and VPN to that branch. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes - just make sure you setup the module on the remote ASA to have an IP address that is reachable over the VPN.

The modules use the physical management interface on the ASAs so that interface needs to be connected with reachability to and from the FMC on tcp/8305.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes - just make sure you setup the module on the remote ASA to have an IP address that is reachable over the VPN.

The modules use the physical management interface on the ASAs so that interface needs to be connected with reachability to and from the FMC on tcp/8305.

Thanks Marvin,

Your answer was very accurate.

Reynaldo
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card