Views
Helpful
Replies

Can License be transferred?

Samer R. Saleem
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I'm working to replace my current ASA5512-X with Firepower services with Firepower 2110 series, and I have Cisco Anyconnect license and Firepower subscription for three years

can these be transferred?

Or I have to purchase again?

4 Replies 4

Abheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi,
ASA uses classic/traditional licensing, and FTD uses smart licensing i think this cannot be transferable.

HTH
Abheesh

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If your AnyConnect is a 4.x license type (Plus or Apex - not VPN Only), it is licensed per user and can be converted to a Smart license entitlement to use with your Firepower appliance. Details may be found here:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/anyconnect-secure-mobility-client/200191-AnyConnect-Licensing-Frequently-Asked-Qu.html#anc56

If it is the old 3.x license type (Essentials or Premium) then it is not transferable.

The existing Firepower subscription is model-specific and not transferable as the price changes per model (generally you pay more for higher throughput devices).

mine is L-AC-PLS-P-G

which is Plus type, so it should be transferable right?

thanks

Yes, it should be. AnyConnect Plus (term or, like yours, Perpetual) and Apex (term licenses) can be converted to Smart entitlements.

You do need to maintain the SASU (software support) contract for a perpetual license. Term licenses include it already.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card