Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can not copy new images into my ASA

Hello Experts,

I have many firewalls, and i successfully copy new images into them.   

But i have an ASA which i can copy the new images into that,  but after the copying process finishes , i run command "dir"  new image is not shown there.     can u tell me what can be the issue.     on otherhand i can copy ASDM into that firewall.  only OS images can not be copied

i dont get any error message during or after copying process

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

waheedbahaduri  ,

Please see the release notes I linked earlier. They include the full upgrade compatibility table.

9.1(1) requires you first upgrade to 9.1(2). Only then can you move to a later release.

Note that even copying the new ASA software image (post-9.1(2)) first requires the intermediate upgrade to 9.1(2) as the file structure is changed, thus the interim step is required.

ASDM is not affected by this restriction.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What version do you currently have running and what image are you trying to copy?

I ask because if you are currently at 8.4(5) or 9.0(4) (or lower), you must first upgrade to one of them in order to copy and upgrade to later versions.

Reference:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa95/release/notes/asarn95.html#ID-2152-0000000a

Hi Marvin,

currently im running with 9.1.  I tried to copy 9.2 , 9.4, 9.6 ,   Unfortunately none of them gets copied onto my ASA.   But i could  copy latest version of ASDM 7.x version

Are you running 9.1(1)? The caveat applies to that release as well. 

Hi Marvin, 

I wilk have to check to assure its exact version. Unfortunately Curently i dont have access to the ASA. But will check in few hour

i want to ask if it is ruuning 9.1(1), then which version i should upgrade direct?

waheedbahaduri  ,

Please see the release notes I linked earlier. They include the full upgrade compatibility table.

9.1(1) requires you first upgrade to 9.1(2). Only then can you move to a later release.

Note that even copying the new ASA software image (post-9.1(2)) first requires the intermediate upgrade to 9.1(2) as the file structure is changed, thus the interim step is required.

ASDM is not affected by this restriction.

Once I had a similar issue, failed to copy boot images using ftp or tftp, but file transfer inside asdm succeeded, did you try that?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card