Views
Helpful
Replies

cannot create FTD container on 4110

SvenL
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to create logical device FTD with Instance Type "Container" on a 4110 (running 2.6.1). At first I tried it via the FCM, but there I can only select native (the dropdown is greyed out) as you can see:

Screenshot 2021-01-15 at 12.24.39.png

I then found a remark in the Cisco documentation that says that instance Type 'container' can only be done via FMC (Management Center)?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/fxos/fxos271/web-guide/b_GUI_FXOS_ConfigGuide_271/logical_devices.html

" Multi-instance capability is only supported for the Firepower Threat Defense using FMC"

Which is strange since there're multiple youtube videos showing this via FCM (Chassis Manager). For example, the one with title "2. Cisco Firepower Threat Defense 6.3.0: Multi-Instance - Configuring Mult-Instance".

The other problem is that I don't seem to be able to add a chassis to FMC directly, only a FTD can be added?? But this means that I need to create first a native FTD on FCM (which will take all resources) which is what I'm trying to avoid in the first place.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

SvenL
Level 1
Level 1

Ok. found it. Was using FTD 6.2.x image, which doesn't support container-devices. It's as of 6.3.0

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card