Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cascade two routed context

Hi,

I have two context in routed mode and would like both of them to share the same outside interface. I know I can achieve this two ways - with the mac address auto or manually configuring the MAC. I would like to manually configure the MAC address on the shared interface through the new context and leave the old context untouched (this includes the mac settings on the interface). Can you advise if this is achievable ?

Best Regards,

Sabeel

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what is the device here ? Context means 2 different FW, yes you can use common Interfce with Sub-interface technically.

or am i miss understand the requirement ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi Balaji,

Yes, two firewall contexts in the same firewall sharing the same sub-interface. can this be achieved without any issues if i was to add a mac address to the shared interface in context B without touching any settings within context A ?

Theoretically, Context A will use the Real MAC and Context B will use the Fake MAC, right ?

Best Regards,

Sabeel.

in that case you can choose the MAC address and allocate, that should resolve the issue.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

@SabeelShakeel00430 

On the new context you would just need to define a MAC address on the interface that is shared with the other context.

interface GigabitEthernet0/0
 mac-address 0001.0001.0001

The interface on the existing context will continue to use the real MAC address, whilst the interface of the new context will utilise the manual MAC address.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card