Views
Helpful
Replies

changing interface IP on cli for Firepower 1140 FTD

sam cook
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

Anyone knows how to change an Ip for a production interface on Firepower 1140 FTD from CLI ?

I use local management FDM

FYI : for unknown reason i can not connect on management interface anymore. so i wanted to configure another interface from console port.

I tried : connect FTD , but then i can not find the right command 

i can not find anything in the cli guide ! 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/command_ref/b_Command_Reference_for_Firepower_Threat_Defense/c_3.html

any help please ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi @sam cook 

Management of an FTD using FDM is via the Web GUI only, you cannot configure from the CLI.

Can you ping the management interface? If you cannot connect to the management interface at all attempt to reboot and see if that resolves the issue.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Hi @sam cook 

Management of an FTD using FDM is via the Web GUI only, you cannot configure from the CLI.

Can you ping the management interface? If you cannot connect to the management interface at all attempt to reboot and see if that resolves the issue.

Hi Rob,

ping is not working, port looks down and reboot does not change anything

i feel really blocked , i have only console access .

regards,

@sam cook 

Are you managing the device on a data interface or the dedicated management interface? I connect to my FDM GUI using the data interface rather than the management interface.

Perhaps you are connecting from an IP address that is not permitted to access the GUI. If you have console access, run "show running-config http" and confirm what source IP address(es) can access the gui and from which interface(s).

You could allows connect to the management interface use "show network" to determine the IP address details, then connect your laptop to the interface and connect to the GUI.

sam cook
Spotlight
Spotlight

ok , it seems like a bug , management came back to work after several reboot... possibly a hardware issue but now it's fine without any config change... thanks for your help Rob

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Try this from the console cli:

configure network ipv4 manual <ip address> <netmask> <gateway address>

Thank you Marvin , but as said by Rob , it's not possible , this command make you only change management ip

Sorry - I misread your original post.

@Rob Ingram is correct - dataplane interfaces can only be changed from the manager, not from the cli.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card