Views
Helpful
Replies

Checking blacklist IP in Security Intelligence Feed

mahesh18
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Everyone,

I read that Security Intelligence Feed download IPs that have bad reputation from Sourcefire cloud.

But when I click on Security intelligence feeds I see no IP address.

Does anyone can please tell me where I can find blacklist IP's ?

Regards

MAhesh

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

adhogan
Level 1
Level 1

The security intelligence data is considered proprietary and so the content of those lists is not made public.

View solution in original post

You can view the list of Security Intelligence IP addresses from the CLI of the Defense Center. You'll want to issue the following commands after logging in:

1. sudo su

2. cd /var/sf/iprep_download

In this directory, there is a file called rep_dd.yaml. You can view this text file to find the UUID associated with each category, such as "attackers".

There should be a file in the /var/sf/iprep_download directory named for that UUID, for example 5a0b6d6b-e2c3-436f-b4a1-48248b330a26. You can view this file using the "less" command in order to see the IP addresses that are currently included for that particular category.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

adhogan
Level 1
Level 1

The security intelligence data is considered proprietary and so the content of those lists is not made public.

Many thanks for answering the question.

You can view the list of Security Intelligence IP addresses from the CLI of the Defense Center. You'll want to issue the following commands after logging in:

1. sudo su

2. cd /var/sf/iprep_download

In this directory, there is a file called rep_dd.yaml. You can view this text file to find the UUID associated with each category, such as "attackers".

There should be a file in the /var/sf/iprep_download directory named for that UUID, for example 5a0b6d6b-e2c3-436f-b4a1-48248b330a26. You can view this file using the "less" command in order to see the IP addresses that are currently included for that particular category.

Many thanks Cochran for answering the Question.

I will test this.

Regards

Mahesh

cunningpike
Level 1
Level 1

You can find out which Security Intelligence List/Feed an IP address is listed in (if any) with the following command on the CLI of the DC:

grep -A2 $(basename $(grep -l $1 /var/sf/iprep_download/*)) /etc/sf/iprep_sources.conf

CP

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card