cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Choosing a firewall

timmykorte
Level 1
Level 1

I work for a video conferencing company and we are looking to get a new firewall as our current Adtran firewall has some issues with a certain codec.

We are a small company that is trying to keep it cheap but I also don't want to waste time on something that won't work for us. I've kind of narrowed it down to

ASA5505-UL-BUN-K9

and

ASA5505-SEC-BUN-K9.

The only difference I can seem to find is that the ASA5505-SEC-BUN-K9 offers 15 less IPSec VPN Peers. The price difference is $350 though and I can't wrap my head around 15 IPSec peers being worth $350. Is there something else obvious I'm missing? We won't have a need for those extra peers so should I just grab the ASA5505-UL-BUN-K9?

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

suschoud
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I would recommend to look at long term consequences rather then existing ones.You never know when your setup could need more ipsec peers ( which would essentially result in migration to another device again )....

What you are missing by paying 350$ less ( other then ipsec peers.... :)

DMZ support, Stateless Active/Standby high availability, Dual ISP support.

So,you can have a dmz with this license,you can add one more asa for high availability and you can have 2 isp's terminating on asa so thatr if one fails,other one takes over automatically.

Please rate if helpful/

HTH,

Sushil

Regards,

Sushil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card