Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco anyconnect, ASA version 9.14.x anyconnect version 4.10

Amen
Level 1
Level 1

Many of our users are facing constant reconnect
while using the Cisco AnyConnect Client.

14 Replies 14

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

is this for all devices ? only some ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

for around 20 Users only 

how about rest ? (compare to other user what % is this )

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I see IKEv2 referenced in the error message. Are these users the only ones using a profile with IKEv2?

Was it working OK before now? If so, has anything changed since then?

Users see only reconnect error, no  changes were done at all, and  yes it was working before , very few people affected. all users have the same configs 

error : SOCKETTRANSPORT_ERROR_GET_RESULT_FAILURE

Please see the screenshot

Hello Marvin, from the DART file i found this error which means that certificate error from Client side 

Are you using IKEv2 with certificate-based authentication?

yes 

In the case, the error message appears to be relevant: "Ignoring client certificate because it does not contain the required EKU extension." Perhaps the template used to issue those client certificates is incorrect.

Iam sorry , You mean from the windows side or from the annyconnect side ? if you can prehaps explain!! what i think to do is 

delete the certificate and enroll for a new one, with a new key pair.

The certificate errors are normally seen when the user start the PC after having it in standby. I can confirm that these cert errors are not to be seen when the users have the problem. I myself have this error on my DART file without having any problem with my VPN sessions.

Unfortunately a user, from which we updated the WLAN and LAN drivers and disabled the switching feature, is having the same problem, he gets many reconnections, just as before.

I have learnt, that for the user AZ the problem was solved, it was due to the fact that the user had active WLAN and LAN at the same time. After disabling one of the he could work with no problems.

trying to solve the other users 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card