Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA 5505 configuration help

The configuration for my device had to be reset. How do I get the old configuration so my printers and devices will work since it is off the old configuration IP addresses?

5 Replies 5

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi
If you erased your config and you don't have any backup (not on asa disk or elsewhere), you can't go back to the old config and you'll need to rebuild it from scratch.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

How do I rebuild from scratch?

If you have access to CLI, when you enter the command config factory-default and then reload save-config noconfirm, the ASA will be in a default state the way it was shipped.
If you don't have access to the CLI, you'll need to use the button on the back. Switch if off, then press and hold it for 10s while you powering it up.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

What is CLI?

--
Katherine Boettcher

Practice Administrator

Chesapeake Ear, Nose, and Throat, LLC, A division of

www.baltimoreent.com [1]

Links:
------
[1] http://www.baltimoreent.com

CLI = Command Line.
Access it using a console cable connected to the console port on the back of the device.

Thanks
Francesco
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card