Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA 5515 -X - Reload Reason

pgiouvanellis
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone ,

I want to ask a question .

We have a Cisco ASAS 5515-X that has been reloaded in last month 4-5 times .

We did not have problem with electricity or anything similar , so we guess firewall reload it by its one for some reason .

We need to find if it is possible that reason .

Is it any way we can do it without opening case ? is there something we can check on techsupport file or crashinfo file that can help us find the reason ? 

Thank You ,

Palaiologos 

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can download and run the free Cisco CLI analyzer tool. It will analyze any traceback / crashinfo files on the ASA for known problems.

https://cway.cisco.com/docs/cisco-cli-analyzer/2.0/About_the_Cisco_CLI_Analyzer.htm

i manage to run the cli analyzer but is there any way to run asa traceback tool offline ? 

I get a error about crash of asa but i search with no lack to find how i can run the traceback analyzer offline .

I have no access to specific asa only the output of commands show techsupport and show crashinfo 

Thanks

Sorry but you cannot run the tracback tool offline. For that you'd have to have a support contract and upload the file to TAC so that they can analyze it in house. If all you have is access to the files in an offline manner, you're pretty limited in your options.

FYI the Cisco CLI Analyzer tool sends the file to TAC and uses the same tools, just in a way that's directly accessible without requiring a TAC case.

So if i manage to have access to firewall and run cli analyzer for example fro a local pc and run the Traceback tool i will not have to open TAC in order to have the results but i will take the results from cli analyzer ? 

Yes. The PC where you run CLI analyzer will require simultaneous access to both the ASA and the Internet. You do need cisco.com credentials but not a support contract for the device being analyzed.

There's no guarantee you will get a definitive answer but then it's a free tool. :) If you want guarantees you need to buy support.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: