Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CDA ISO Install Error over Citrix

fodermat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear team,

We are deploying ASA-CX in a customer where the Virtualization platform is Citrix Xen Server. We´ve tried to install Cisco CDA to sync the users identification with Active Directory, but the ISO can´t be installed on Citrix, a "panic" error pops up as soon as it tries to begin the install.  We´ve also burned the DVD and tried to install it "raw" on Citrix, but this fails as well.

I know the Release Notes specifically mention VMWare or physical server, but is there a way to turn this over and install over Citrix?

In case this is not possible at all, is the Windows Agent still a valid option? This would be cumbersome as we would need to dedicate a Windows Server with English locale only for this purpose, but if it does the job ...

Thanks

Javier

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Unfortunately the CDA can only be installed onto a VMware ESXi server as the host.

The old AD agent software is deprecated and CDA is the supported identity source moving forward.

If you had ISE, that would be an alternative.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Unfortunately the CDA can only be installed onto a VMware ESXi server as the host.

The old AD agent software is deprecated and CDA is the supported identity source moving forward.

If you had ISE, that would be an alternative.

Thanks Marvin.

Honestly I don´t think pushing customers to have a dedicated VM to sync with AD is the best approach; keeping a software connector looked simpler and easier to maintain. But I find it worse to restrict this VM to VMWare environment only. 

We might lose this project due to the lack of Citrix compatibility. Thanks Cisco.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card