Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CSC SSM (Trend Micro) - Browse Internet Slow

Hi Friends

I recently deployed this module on Cisco ASA 5520 (v8.2.5) at a client's place. I'm having problems. Even if there's 1 user, browsing Internet is super slow. If I were to bypass the CSC SSM (for 10 users) module by removing the "service-policy TEST interface inside" command, browsing Internet is very fast.

Based on my troubleshooting, if I were to disable Web Filtering, Web Reputation and URL Blocking & Filtering, and leave all other services enabled, then the browsing is fast.

My question is how come I enable the 3 services stated above and browsing the Internet is slow, even for 1 LAN user. Please note I don't have any thing configured under these 3 services. Just by enabling the services alone, it's already slow.

It doesn't make sense for Cisco to sell such an expensive product and it can't even handle 1 user with no settings but services enabled. Can some one assist me please

Regards,

Ram

Warm regards,
Ramraj Sivagnanam Sivajanam
6 Replies 6

Maykol Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I am assuming that what causes the issue is probably scanning ( as 99% of the tickets) main question, what version are you running on the CSC?

Mike Rojas

Mike

Hi Mike

Thanks for your reply. Allow me to explain the history of my issue. Initially, the CSC SSM was running on version 6.2.1599.0. With 1 LAN users, browsing the Internet was slow. Even when I disabled all the services listed under Web (HTTP), the internet browsing was still slow.

Next, I upgraded the CSC SSM to version 6.3.1172.4. This is better because when I disable all the services listed under Web (HTTP), the internet browsing was fast.

Hence, I enable one service at a time, and based on my troubleshooting, if I were to enable any of these services i.e. Web Filtering, Web Reputation and URL Blocking & Filtering, the internet browsing will become slow. Just for your information, even if I enabled any of these 3 services, I've nothing configured in any of these 3 services.

The client purchased this module to block P2P traffic, but now I can't achieve this. I need your advice.

Note: I am very much tempted to upgrade the CSC SSM to the latest version  6.6.1125.0 but I doubt this will solve my issue :-(

Warm regards,

Talking about what would happen if you open a tac ticket, they will ask you to do the same. Update the code and if it does not work, please open a ticket and let me know the number, I will review it.

Mike

Mike

Thanks Mike but I don't have access to Cisco TAC. If I did, I wouldn't have posted my issue here, I would have created a Cisco TAC case by now.

For this reason, I wanted help from the folks in this support community group :-)

Assuming If I were to upgrade the CSC SSM to version 6.6, can my Cisco ASA remain version 8.2.5?

and

Assuming If I were to upgrade the CSC SSM to version 6.6, and the issue is not resolved, how do I move forward?

Please kindly advice.

Warm regards,

Problem resolved.

I upgraded to CSC SSM to version 6.6, while my Cisco ASA remain version 8.2.5.

Warm regards,

But i am getting very very slow internet to use csc(asa 5510-csc-20-k9)  for 8 month.

Hw Version   Fw Version   Sw Version
--- --------------------------------- ------------ ------------ ---------------
    2.0         1.0(11)5     8.4(2)
           1.0(11)5     CSC SSM 6.6.1125

No one can solve my problem. i already tac cisco

but they have not yet got solve.

Anyone can help me?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card