Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Firepower - AMP/URL License

cknox1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a Cisco Firepower in place and I wanted to check what happen when an AMP/URL Filtering license expires. Will the Firepower policy stop working (Stops filtering traffic) or does the policy continue to work but I cannot make changes to the existing policy?

Any help please?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

The FTDs will not stop passing traffic, however, you will not be able to do any new configurations that require the expired license.  Also, any subscriptions to the cloud for VDB database, AMP, etc. will stop being updated so the FTD can only use the old outdated rules.

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It's as @Marius Gunnerud noted.

Your existing URL Filtering and File (AMP) policies will continue to be available and enforced. However whenever you next make any change to the Access Control Policy, FMC will not allow you to deploy it until you remove all references to the unlicensed features in the rest of the policy.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

yes as per my experience, they stop working once the License expiry and you will not get any updates from AMP.

it all depends on what policy is this, is this policy required to connect AMP process  ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi thank you for response, 

ASA Traffic is being sent to Firepower and AMP/URL licenses are applied - Yes I have this license there so I can have those additional features.

So it will not filter traffic anymore after expiry? so traffic will be unfiltered?

The FTDs will not stop passing traffic, however, you will not be able to do any new configurations that require the expired license.  Also, any subscriptions to the cloud for VDB database, AMP, etc. will stop being updated so the FTD can only use the old outdated rules.

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It's as @Marius Gunnerud noted.

Your existing URL Filtering and File (AMP) policies will continue to be available and enforced. However whenever you next make any change to the Access Control Policy, FMC will not allow you to deploy it until you remove all references to the unlicensed features in the rest of the policy.

cknox1
Level 1
Level 1

Thnk you guys! this helps a lot

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card