cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Firepower Management Center for VMWare 6.4.0.9 (build 62)

sSiDs
Level 1
Level 1
Model	Cisco Firepower Management Center for VMWare
Serial Number	None
Software Version	6.4.0.9 (build 62)
OS	Cisco Fire Linux OS 6.4.0 (build2)
Snort Version	2.9.14.9 GRE (Build 15906)
Rule Update Version	2020-07-16-001-vrt
Rulepack Version	2421
Module Pack Version	2737
Geolocation Update Version	2020-07-15-002
VDB Version	build 336 ( 2020-06-15 16:38:24 )

Hi team!

I am new to CFMC, don't punch me hard:)

I am facing with couple of troubles...

1. when deploying to Cisco Firepower 1010 Threat Defense i saw warning\error message

"Treat Defense Platform settings not assigned.
Access Control Logging is configured to use Threat Defense Platform settings for sending syslog.
Assign a Threat Defense Platform settings to avoid syslogs not bieng sent." plz see attached image.

2. I have created Network Discovery...it is been continue for 325 hrs....and i see only 10 hosts discovered...

a. how to cancel discovery?

b. i don't now what i have made wrong in configuring Network Discovery.

any additional info will be provided)

thanks for any help in advance!

3. Web interface of FPMC is very slow... where to look why it is so slow...?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. Create platform settings config for FTD and assign it to your devices. That's under Devices > Platform settings. Create a Threat Defense platform settings set if there's not one already. Once created, assign it to your devices (see the "Policy Assignments" link in the top right of the platform settings set)

2. nmap isn't really for discovery. It's more to probe a specific host or small number of hosts. You've launched it against the entire RFC 1918 space. IT may try to run for weeks before completing or timing out. Generally we can rely on passive discovery.

3. You're running 6.4.0.9 with the minimum RAM required. It's known to be rather slow. Cisco has been making later releases much faster. The current 6.6 has a whole new database under the covers (monetDB) and will run faster - but it does requires 32 GB or RAM.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

sSiDs
Level 1
Level 1

del

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. Create platform settings config for FTD and assign it to your devices. That's under Devices > Platform settings. Create a Threat Defense platform settings set if there's not one already. Once created, assign it to your devices (see the "Policy Assignments" link in the top right of the platform settings set)

2. nmap isn't really for discovery. It's more to probe a specific host or small number of hosts. You've launched it against the entire RFC 1918 space. IT may try to run for weeks before completing or timing out. Generally we can rely on passive discovery.

3. You're running 6.4.0.9 with the minimum RAM required. It's known to be rather slow. Cisco has been making later releases much faster. The current 6.6 has a whole new database under the covers (monetDB) and will run faster - but it does requires 32 GB or RAM.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card