cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco FirePower Upgrade - Stuck Initializing for 1 hour then fail

samw
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all - I am currently upgrading some Cisco FirePower sensors. From FMC, I uploaded the installation package and then I push it out using the install button. This will initialize for exactly 1 hour and then fail. Any ideas here? I can't seem to find any additional logging that would assist in finding root cause. Thank you

3 Replies 3

alex_dufresne
Level 1
Level 1

Have you checked the available storage on your sensors?

Alternatively, have you tried to upload the upgrade files using SCP or HTTPS on one sensor? The usual culprit here is lack of space.

You could also log into your FMC using the CLI, enter expert mode and have a "pigtail" running during this push. If I recall, you will want the "USMS VMSS DEPL" options --> "pigtail DEPL USMS VMSS"

Take care, as this command outputs a LOT of text. 

My first suspect is disk space, though. Good luck!

I've logged into the sensor directly and see that the disk space free is around 40% so this must not be it. I will try uploading via HTTPS into the browser of the sensor itself. This shouldn't be an issue since I have a few sensors to be upgraded.

There should be a folder created on the target sensor under /var/log/sf with the upgrade version. Within that folder are log files that should pinpoint where the upgrade is failing.

What models and versions are you targeting? Have you tried running the Upgrade Readiness option?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card