cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Firepower virtual 6.1 on VMware workstation?

Gregg Hamby
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone had any luck getting the Firepower virtual appliance for VMware (vFTD) running in workstation? I have tried it on 12.0 and 12.5 but upon initializing it blows up with a stack dump. I've seen others say the error is related to initializing the fourth e1000 interface and indeed if you remove one of the virtual NICs it will come up and let you log in - but it then never completes its setup because it requires 4 NICs in the system. The docs are very clear about that.

I've loaded it into ESXi 6.0 without a problem although the console is a pain to work with.  I also tried nesting ESXi 5.5 inside workstation 12.5 but same result - core dump and reboot.

It would be helpful to get the virtual appliance workable in a lab setting with workstation. Please don't respond with an answer such as "that's not supported" - yeah I know that - just wondering if someone found a way around.

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

l-mathews
Level 1
Level 1

I cant even download or load the FTD Archive Image in VMWare Workstation. I get the following error:

SHA digest of file Cisco_Firepower_Threat_Defense_Virtual-ESXi-6.2.0-363.ovf does not match manifest.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card