Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco FTD

shaikh.zaid22
Level 1
Level 1

Hi folks, 

I have newly deployed 2 Ftd's in A-S HA, via FMC.

Under Device tab of FMC i can make interface changes  for the Active FTD, how i can do the same for standby FTD ?

I want to add a new subinterface on both FTDs, but i am unable to do the same on the standby FTD.

Can anyone guide me here.

1 Reply 1

If your FTD are in HA pair you just need to make the changes on the active FTD appliance. once you make the changes for example in your case adding the new sub-interface, once you define with ip addresses,name,security zone and description save your changes. 

for adding the sub-interface standby ip address. go to high availability and look in at Monitor Interfaces (you will find your interface name) click on it and add the standby Ip address. it will also give your the option if you want to add this interface for monitoring for failure purpose. now save it and deploy the poliy from FMC. doing this FTD primary and secondary will have the ip address of primary sub-interface and secondary sub-interface address.

please do not forget to rate.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card