cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco FTDv on KVM purchase question

vPolovokhin
Level 1
Level 1

I'm really confused with last Cisco security products. I have vFMC on KVM at no charge and hardware ASA5525-X with FirePOWER (6.2.2) - no problem. I need additional ASA & Firepower features in network by one virtual appliance on KVM.

I can't find the part and SKU number to purchase FTDv on Cisco Commerce site (CCW) as usual. May be I do wrong. There is a Smartnet account. How to buy it (step by step), has anyone done this?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

mikael.lahtela
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Don't have the step by step but the the SKU is "FPRTD-V-K9" for virtual appliance.

br, Micke

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

mikael.lahtela
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Don't have the step by step but the the SKU is "FPRTD-V-K9" for virtual appliance.

br, Micke

Thanks a lot! No matter step by step any more of course.

One more relayted question about VPN.

Is the L-AC-PLS-P-G (VPN Cisco Anyconnect plus license for 25 users AC-PLS-P-25-S) suitable witn FTDv?

Can use the CON-SAU-FPRTDVK9 instead FPRTD-V-K9 to download and upgrades software with vFMC?  It's just simply cheaper for support & upgrades in comparison.

Is there a description of the FPRTD-V-K9 product anywhere?  The "AnyConnect" and "Quick Start Guide" documentation isn't helpful.  I'm looking for documentation and pricing for the part numbers for the actual NGFWv / FPRTD-V products - what's included, what you need to buy, what's the list price, how long is the term (if it's term) or perpetual or what term licenses do I have to buy with it to get the -TMC features.

Thanks; Bill Stewart, AT&T

Found the documentation I was looking for

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/firepower-8000-series-appliances/guide-c07-737902.html?dtid=osscdc000283

There's also a PDF version.

It's a bit out of date - the part seems to be named FPRTD-V-K9 now, and I haven't found any documentation on that anywhere - but it seems to have the right pieces and explanations.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card