cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Security Manager Appliance bundle

rmthornewill
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer subscribed to the Security ELA, so all security related licenses and subscriptions are free.  It is possible to order this product as an appliance without the bundled licenses?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I'm sorry - you're right. I wasn't aware of that offering.

So, without the license, it would just be a plain UCS C220 M3. I can't see any reason Cisco would give the hardware away under the licensing agreement.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CSM runs on a Windows server and is not offered on an appliance, with or without an ELA.

Oops - please see my corrected response below

Thanks for the response.   I was referring to SKU CSM4-UCS2-50-K9.

Is this not a CSM bundle on a UCS with license for 50 devices?

I am guessing the answer is still a 'no' then.

I'm sorry - you're right. I wasn't aware of that offering.

So, without the license, it would just be a plain UCS C220 M3. I can't see any reason Cisco would give the hardware away under the licensing agreement.

Thanks, will just spec the UCS on its own then I think, and load/license thereafter.

Personally I'd run it on a Windows VM rather than investing in separate hardware.

Strategically CSM will eventually be phased out in favor of a future iteration of FireSIGHT Management Center so I wouldn't invest in dedicated hardware at this time unless there were unusual requirements.

Yes, if we do get a UCS, it will be sized to accommodate more than just CSM due to the other stuff we could load it with, although now that Cisco VMs run under Hyper-V....?  We are also getting FS (their VM is not big enough, shame) in hope that appliance/product will absorb CSM in a future release.

Thanks,

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card