cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Clientless vpn issue

dorelp777
Level 1
Level 1

I have a issue when i login to to clientless ssl vpn (e.g https://webvpn.cisco.com/+CSCOE+/logon.html ) and i click on terminal servers on the side and then i click on the  the terminal server.There is a issue with it connecting using active X , it just goes back to the main screen. The issue is with IE . Mozilla and google chrome do not have this issue.

I would like to force it to use java as it works when i click "reconnect with java" . I have tried putting in Forcejava when i log in asdm but it has no effect.

can anyone help? i keep getting asked about to install port forward plug in in IE but i doesnt do anything.

I have played around with my active controls in IE but to no effect and also i uninstalled a few security windows plugins that i have found that can cause this issue but to no effect.

6 Replies 6

joelgooding
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Is this a new install or did you upgrade the box? Can you specifiy what version of the IOS you are using as well as the version of Windows and IE please.

Joel

Joel _______________________________ Please rate helpful posts and answered questions!

Joel,

This has been operating for a few years now.

Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Software Version 8.2(2)

Device Manager Version 6.2(5)

System image file is "disk0:/asa822-k8.bin"

IE version is 9.0.8112.16421

i upgraded to 825 but same thing. I dont want to upgrade any future then that as i will have reconfigure the nat rules

hello,

If you have been operating some years now, are the pc's / laptops you are using new? I understand that windows7 users with IE have similar problems because the networking stack for windows was written differently in this version.

Joel

Joel _______________________________ Please rate helpful posts and answered questions!

so are you confirming that its a IE issue? so nothing can be done from the firewall end?

joelgooding
Level 1
Level 1

I am not sure. Do you have smartnet so you can raise a TAC case? If so please do.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

no there is no smartnet so cant log a tac case.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: