Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring ASA 5506-X

Hi,

I have an ASA 5506-X want to configure it after a Verizon router model number (G1100). 
I have block of 5 static IP address.

Anything I need to change on Verizon Router?

I will appreciate your help with this.

Thanks, 

Ammar 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Assign an IP address to the ASA's "outside" interface that is in the same network as the verizon router's inside interface.

Configure a default route on the ASA pointing to the verizon router's inside interface.

Configured NAT/PAT on the ASA to hide all internal networks behind the ASA's outside interface, for outbound internet traffic.

Configure static NAT rules for your NAS etc.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Hi @AmmarHermiz14196 

Are those 5 IP addresses in use or a separate network? If separate then you need a static route for that network on the Verizon router, pointing to the ASA's outside interface as the next hop. You can then use those 5 IP addresses for NAT.

HTH

Hi Rob,

The 5 IP addresses are not in use. What do you mean by separate network? I have this as a home network, but it is not set up yet due to the firewall needing to be configured.

Thank you for the response!

Ammar

Do those 5 IP addresses belong to the same network as an interface configured the Verizon router?

Provide your configuration might be easier for us to determine what you need to configure.

Yes they are the same network. What I'm trying to configure is a network containing home camera system that I can access with a VPN connection, synology NAS, and three cisco access points. I hired two people, but they could not figure out how to get past the Verizon router...

Ammar

Assign an IP address to the ASA's "outside" interface that is in the same network as the verizon router's inside interface.

Configure a default route on the ASA pointing to the verizon router's inside interface.

Configured NAT/PAT on the ASA to hide all internal networks behind the ASA's outside interface, for outbound internet traffic.

Configure static NAT rules for your NAS etc.

So I added one of the static IP addresses to the outside. I don't know if you meant that. i have attached a screen shot.

I did a logical using Cisco Packet Tracer.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card