cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Console lockout problem on PIX

mjsully
Level 1
Level 1

we have several sets of PIX 515 firewalls running in failover mode on our network. All are running version 6.3(1). The problem we are having is when we issue a command, such as "show run" that brings us to the "<------More------>" prompt. If we do not finish scrolling the config or quit out of the output and get back to the enable prompt (#), and the timeout value is exceeded, the console becomes "locked" and does not respond to any commands and we have to physically reboot the PIX in order to be able to access it again. Has anyone else experienced or heard of this happening. Possibly its a bug in the verion? This happens on at least 8 different PIX 515 firewalls.

2 Replies 2

scoclayton
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Your description reminds me of an old problem in the PIX that has been around since 1999 or so. Scenerio that I am thinking of:

User 1 telnets into the PIX and issues a 'sh run' but pauses the output at the "<--- More --->" prompt. User 2 telnets into the PIX and issues a 'sh run' as well but user 2's session will hang when it gets to the point where User 1 paused the output.

Does this sound like a possibility in your case? If so, check out CSCea76701 for some more info. Hope this helps.

Scott

In our particular case there is only one user who is consoled in. Nobody can telnet to it. In any case, thanks for the help but I cannot find anything related to "CSCea76701", where should I be looking for this? thanks

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card