Views
Helpful
Replies

CSM4.3 and windows upgrade

piconet006
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Experts,

We have CSM 4.3.0 Service Pack 1 on our Windows Server 2008, Standard Edition. During the initial installation, we mistakenly setup Windows 2008 Standard Edition instead of Enterprise Edition. Now we must have to upgrade to Enterprise Edition. We would like to know if there any precaution steps before we proceed windows upgrade. We've done the CSM backup but still have worry about unexpected issue after upgrade. Kindly advice on this matter and thank you so much for your answers.

Best regards,

Zin

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I've not done that particular migration but since you are moving to the proper recommended and supported version, you should be fine.

The current backup is a good practice. Given that, you could always reinstall the base product if things went really poorly. I'd make sure I had my license available just in case. It might also be a good time to move up to CSM 4.4 so as to get everything up to the current release.

Hello Marvin,

Thanks a lot for your advice. Unfortunately I'm facing the another problem before proceed to upgrade the OS version. After I've done the backup, the Tomcat Service never comes up. So, can't log in to the CSM anymore. I already tried the serivce start/stop procedure according to the cisco document but still not success yet. I posted the detail problem here (

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3929302#3929302) and still hoping someone's help. Otherwise, I've to reinstall everything.

Best regards,

Zin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card