Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Labels

Forum Posts

ASA - FWSM OSPF Issues

Hi All,,We are having some issues with OSPF interoperability between a FWSM and ASA 5540. Both devices are running OSPF - if a network outage occurrs in can take over an hour once the network has recovered for the OPSF neighbour to...

deep.blue by Beginner
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! How to Allow Traffic from DMZ to Internet and Block trafic from DMZ to Internal

Dear Support,I have an ASA 5520 with the below configGi0/0: outside (Internet)Gi0/1: inside (Internal users)Gi0/2: DMZ (web servers, ftp, Mail etc..)I have a SMTP relay deployed on the DMZ for mailing. I have also a mail servers installed in the inte...

zain_gabon by Beginner
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Replacing PIX with ASA issue

HiI am experiencing issues at a site where I need to replace an ageing PIX 506e with an ASA 5505.The current setup looks like this:                   The PIX is used for site-to-site VPN connection via the WAN 2 link.  The WAN 1 link is used for gene...

Resolved! IDSM2 License Installation Error

Hello,I am facing a problem applying licenses on 2 different WS-SVC-IDSM2-BUN (installed on core switches). I keep getting the attached error.I tried using CLI & GUI, same thing. I even contacted cisco licensing and they sent me the license files the...

No Response From ASA5510

We have an ASA5510 and I am getting absolutely no response from the console port.  Not even a blip when I turn it on.  If I leave the compact flash in the internal bay, I get Green Power, Amber Status, Amber Active and Green VPN when I start it up.  ...

Inbound UDP connection 684

Hello,Trying a simple Easy VPN connection and getting the following in the error logs:Built inbound UDP connection 684 for outside:xx.xx.xx.xx/1106 (xx.xx.xx.xx/1106) to identity:xx.xx.xx.xx/500 (xx.xx.xx.xx/500)Does anyone know of the cause of such ...

ASA 5505, Service Monitoring?

I want to be able to gather some time metrics based on source IP, and destination port.  Is it possiable to track how much time a user spends using a service based on it's port number.   I have figured out how to capture all the data, and I can then ...

Cisco ASA error message

Dear All,My customer's ASA that show an error message "Warning: unexpected configuration tag 'external-portal' (line=213,column=5,position=8842)"The ASA 5550 version is 8.2(5)26.I do not know if this is what caused.Can someone help me?ThanksBilly

billyhsieh by Beginner
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

ASA shun hosts and QoS

Hi, I'm having trouble configuring Threat-detection and QoS polices at the same time.The problem is that if I have QoS rules enabled, this is policing a traffic defined by ACLs, I can't enable at the same time the threat-detection feature "Shun hosts...

jmprats by Enthusiast
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Recognize Your Peers