Views
Helpful
Replies

Discard changes without Deployment on FMC

AIN UL BADAR
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I pushed the configuration from the Migration Tool to FMC, I'm doing ASA to FTD Migration. Now the pushed-config is sitting there on FMC waiting to be deployed. But now I don't want to push the config, instead clear or discard what's there for the deployment. How do I clear the pushed-config that Migration tool sent. 

I'm running 7.0 on FMC and 6.5 on FTD.

Thanks for your help.

Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

As of Firepower 7.1, the feature to discard pending deployments is still only in FDM and not available in FMC

However if your target FTD had an existing Access control and NAT policy you should be able to re-target those policies to it vs the new ones that the migration tool built.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Eric R. Jones
Level 4
Level 4

Under the previous versions this was not possible; however, I read that this was to become an option under 7.X. This would be a nice option to have and I don't understand why it wasn't in previously release versions. 

ej

AIN UL BADAR
Level 4
Level 4

Any Update on this please?

As of Firepower 7.1, the feature to discard pending deployments is still only in FDM and not available in FMC

However if your target FTD had an existing Access control and NAT policy you should be able to re-target those policies to it vs the new ones that the migration tool built.

Thanks Marvin, make sense. How do you re-target the Access/NAT Policies back to the same FTD, can you please tell me the path?

Within the policy there is a link at the top right for "Policy Assignment". So go into the original policies and change them to be assigned to the target device. That will remove the new policies from being associated as well. Then deploy and everything should be synced as desired.

Thank you @Marvin Rhoads 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: