cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does 90% Memory utilization will effect ASA 5510 performance.

sdmumbai rrc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Our firewall Memory utilization is 195MB/256MB .Is this normal?

How can identify this utilized traffics in detail?

Regards,vijesh

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

195MB/256MB is only 76%, but still very high. Are you running 8.3+ without upgrading the memory for that release? For version 8.3 and up you should have 1GB of RAM.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

195MB/256MB is only 76%, but still very high. Are you running 8.3+ without upgrading the memory for that release? For version 8.3 and up you should have 1GB of RAM.

Thankyou for your feedback !!

I am running Software Version 8.2(1) , Hardware:   ASA5510, 256 MB RAM, CPU Pentium 4 Celeron 1600 MHz Internal ATA Compact Flash, 256MB . I have configured ipsec vpn with 12 profile in active state . But at a particular time not more than 5 users are connected to VPN profile.

Is there any commands which would help to know which features has consumed memory of firewall.

Is it safe if i am planning to configure new zone for my servers and make firewall as gateway for the servers configured in this zones,under this 76% memory utilized scenerio where my cpu utilizatio shows only 4%.

Please suggest

You should first upgrade to 8.2(5). For the 8.2 release, the required memory is 256 MB and you should be able to extend your ASA with many more zones and VPNs.

Thankyou very much for your valuable feedback!!!

IF i will shutdown the Active firewall of DC and Make standby DR firewall as active . SO when i will power on the Active Firewall of DC will it take the standby state or it will come up with Active state .

Please help .

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card